Did you know that most standard homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage? When the snow starts to melt, spring rains cause flash floods, or your water heater malfunctions, you may be responsible for paying thousands of dollars to repair damage if you don’t have flood insurance.
Flood insurance policies may vary widely, so you need an insurance agent who understands your options for coverage. At Mosholder Insurance Agency, we’ve been helping homeowners like you find the right insurance coverage since 1922. Our commitment to service and understanding of insurance carriers and coverage allows us to provide our clients with comprehensive coverage at competitive rates.
Your flood insurance policy will often cover the following:
- Building structure. A flood insurance policy will cover any damage to the building, foundation, and any other built-in feature, and coverage will extend to any floor coverings and permanent bookshelves.
- Systems. The cost to repair electrical wiring, HVAC system, and plumbing is covered.
- Appliances. This benefit allows you to replace dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, and other built-in appliances.
- Removal. Garages, detached buildings, and debris removal are all included in most standard flood policies.
- Personal property. Moveable appliances, additional floor coverings, ruined foods, valuable items, curtains, furniture, electronics, and other belongings are all included in personal property coverage.
Some policies may have different qualifications for basements and lower level floors, so it is important to look closely at the details of your flood policy and know what is and is not covered ahead of time. Flooding can have long-term consequences for your home, so being able to get the damage repaired quickly can save your family from future problems with mold, mildew, and unaddressed moisture.
Learn more about flood insurance for your home by calling us today at (814) 443-6567 for our Somerset office or (814) 395-3022 for our Confluence office. We look forward to talking with you and providing a free, no obligation quote to help you get started.