Worker’s compensation is mandatory in Pennsylvania for any employers with one or more employees. The insurance covers expenses associated with job related injury and illness. If you work in a high hazard environment or in an innocuous environment like a retail shop, you still need to cover your employees. Whether they are hit in the head with a falling hammer or they fall off of a ladder while installing a holiday display, worker’s compensation protects you from having to pay for medical treatment expenses, lost income, and other damages out of pocket.
There are more than 300 carriers in the state of Pennsylvania that offer worker’s compensation. When you choose to work with Mosholder Insurance Agency, your business will have access to some of the best known carriers in the business. For startups and established businesses, we can help you find the coverage that will make sure your employees are covered in the event of an accident. This type of insurance policy also protects employers from being sued in the aftermath of injury or illnesses.
Worker’s compensation policies typically cover:
- Replacement income to cover lost wages if an employee is unable to work due to a work-related illness or injury.
- Medical expenses that may include doctor’s visits, prescriptions, treatment, and physical therapy.
- Rehabilitation costs, including vocational training, education, or another form of assistance.
- Compensation for any permanent damage caused by the accident.
- Financial benefits to any family member survivors if your employee is killed on the job.
When you come to Mosholder Insurance Agency, you can count on us to provide you with the information you need to make decisions about your worker’s compensation policy. We offer a free, no obligation quote to all of our clients so that they can think about the best course of action prior to making any commitments. To learn more, call (814) 443-6567 for our Somerset office or (814) 395-3022 for our Confluence office.