Inland Marine/Contractors Equipment
Inland marine coverage is slightly misleading because it covers any movable property, not just property in transit through the water. This insurance policy is beneficial for any off-site work as it may cover issues that a traditional property or business owner’s policy does not.
Items available for coverage under an inland marine policy may include:
- Computers and moveable technology systems
- Contractor tools including mobile equipment and handheld tools
- Cargo carried by an insured transporter
- Goods that are in transit to or from the covered party’s business
- Veterinarian and grooming equipment
- And more
This broad based policy may be instrumental in protecting any of your products or equipment that travel regularly and that are not covered by another policy.
Contractor’s Equipment Insurance
Contractor’s equipment insurance is a little different. It specifically covers business property that moves to a location that is listed in the policy. It does not generally cover equipment that moves from place to place, like inland marine property does. While vehicle insurance covers some of your equipment that can be carried within a covered vehicle, it does not cover large, mobile equipment like a bulldozer or tools that are used on the job.
Contractor’s equipment insurance policies may cover:
- The cost to rent equipment to work with as a temporary substitute for damaged equipment.
- Income reimbursement in the event that a job is stalled because of equipment damage.
- The cost to replace damaged equipment. This usually falls under a blanket benefit that insures a range of pieces.
In the event of explosions, theft, vandalism, and worksite accidents, these forms of insurance can be vital in keeping your business operational until you can replace the damaged or lost items. To learn more about what equipment in your business may benefit from inland marine or contractor’s equipment coverage, feel free to contact us today at (814) 443-6567 for our Somerset office or (814) 395-3022 for our Confluence office. We can offer competitive rates from top insurance carriers, and we will provide you with a free, no obligation quote to get started.