When disaster strikes, homeowners insurance can mean the difference between suffering a total loss and a manageable one. Fire, robbery, natural disasters, and other unforeseen hazards can damage your home in the blink of an eye. Your insurance can cover the cost of damage.
Homeowners insurance also protects your family from having to pay damages if you are held responsible for another person’s injury or property damage while in your home. If you have a mortgage, you may be required by your lender to carry homeowners insurance to protect the lender’s investment as well as your own.
In your homeowners policy, you may have access to coverage for:
- Liability. If someone is injured or their property is damaged while at your home, you could be held liable for the damage. Liability insurance protects you from having to pay any associated costs from a lawsuit out of pocket.
- Your residence. Any damage done to the structure of your home, from the HVAC system to the physical roof and walls, will be covered under this benefit. Our team can help you choose a policy amount that will adequately provide you with the financial means necessary to rebuild.
- Personal property. Anything within your home that has been listed with your insurance company is eligible for coverage. From jewelry to televisions and furniture, protect the assets within your home with a policy that includes comprehensive property coverage.
- Additional structures. If you have an unattached carport, fencing, or carriage house on your property, this benefit will cover the cost to repair the damage or rebuild.
- Loss of use. In some cases, damage will prevent you and your family from staying in the home. A loss of use benefit will cover a reasonable hotel stay while your home is being rebuilt or restored.
To evaluate your current policy for better rates or search for a policy for a new home, let Mosholder Insurance Agency help. Locally owned and family operated, we can help you find the policy that makes the most sense for your needs. For a free, no obligation quote, call us at (814) 443-6567 for our Somerset office or (814) 395-3022 for our Confluence office.